The main hall was built in 1694 and whose ceiling boards with some blood stains had been those of the Fushimi Castle built by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. The hall has two interesting openings to the garden. One is circle and called satori-no-mado (window of enlightenment) and the other, square one, mayoi-no-mado (window of spiritual darkness).
|The entrance of the approach to the temple|
|"Satori-no-mado", the window of the enlightenment|
The circle symbolizes the spiritual awakening and the spirit of Zen
|"Mayoi-no-mado", the window of spiritual darkness|
The square symbolizes the life of human beings full of troubles